Dear Andre,

When looking at the families of models that you compare, it is clear that family 1 is best in all 3 groups, and also that model is the best model for all your groups. I would therefore recommend that you compare the connectivity parameters in model 1. However, as you say, there are quite striking differences between your groups, and you would probably want to report these. Especially in the patient group, your confidence that any of these models is really better than the rest, is very low. One of the reasons could be, that in the patient group, the data is a lot noisier, and that none of your models explains very much. Some of the diagnostics that I recommended may tell you more about this.

For more detailed guidance on how to proceed, I would recommend reading "Identifying abnormal connectivity in patients using dynamic causal modeling of FMRI responses." (Seghier et al. 2010), which is an excellent article discussing various approaches to DCM in patients, and making clear best-practice recommendations.

best,
Hanneke