One person who has trod the path & probably has the resources you're
seeking is Jean Brink.  In fact, you might have a look at her article
"Precedence and Patronage: The ordering of Spenser's dedicatory sonnets
(1590)," *STUDIES IN THE LITERARY IMAGINATION* 38 (2005): 53-72.

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 12:08 PM, Cavanagh, Sheila T <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> [...]

Joel B Davis
Coordinator, MA Program in English
English Department
Stetson University