Hi Penny,
We've also developed a technique similar to nominal groups but
supported by technology. We've run it for evaluation, induction,
policy development, placement review, reflective practice and a
variety of different uses. We've used it for staff CPD as well as
student learning and support.

We call our technique Shared Thinking and we've developed different
ways of working within and across different groups.
One student said 'This is evaluation for us' which was quite striking.

The students develop the issues that concern them from a discussion
and then vote through the technology. The students generate the
questions together (rather than having them set by a tutor). We've
also run it in sessions with up to 350 students. It's a collective
approach to formative assessment/evaluation. It is also measurable and
you get c.100% response.

Best Wishes
Nick

--
Nicholas Bowskill,

Shared Thinking - a Collectivist Pedagogy

Web Site: http://www.sharedthinking.info