Archives and Silicon Valley firm bend under rush for 1940 census records

"Our testing indicated NARA and Inflection could handle the load, but 1.9 mil visitors caused issues we're working to resolve," the Archives said via Twitter. Later it added, "We'll let you know as soon as we have another update - thank you for your patience, we know it's incredibly frustrating."

Even agency officials, during the webcast to kick off the day, couldn't get images to load when they tried to look up their own relatives.

http://on.msnbc.com/HC1REO

Source: http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/02/10972767-archives-and-silicon-valley-firm-bend-under-rush-for-1940-census-records
See if people are clicking on this link: http://on.msnbc.com/HC1REO+
Try the bitly.com sidebar to see who is talking about a page on the web: http://bitly.com/pages/sidebar