Yeah and with me the clay tablets can take ages -can one microwave them ??-
P of lowest tech

-----Original Message-----
From: Poetryetc: poetry and poetics [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Lawrence Upton
Sent: 27 April 2012 10:02
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: what if...

Hi Chris

I am more than willing to believe it takes 6 hours to upgrade software

AND without in any sense (I hope!) dismissing or denigrating what you are
saying, I want to say that I got really excited when I read

> What if I told you it took me six hours to roll a piece of paper into
> my
 typewriter

just as a kind of poem, aware of the context but also reading it as if
without that context

maybe not the intention you had, but I am grateful all the same

I am lugging a chunky but not very good laptop around much of the time,
wondering when I can afford something light as a supplement; but I try
always to have a pen and paper too -- AND a spare pen in case the one I have
runs out

best

-----
Lawrence Upton