 If this means (and I may have read the last post wrong, please slap/correct me if necessary) contacting the psychologists manager I dont think this is necessarily the most practical way of expediting the report, it has been chased, it is not forthcoming so I think (in my humble opinion) that you should assume that you are not going to get it within a preferred time scale and go on what you already know. Not ideal but realistic I`m afraid.  Going to the psychologists manager may well be seen as adversarial as it smacks of "going over the head" of someone with a significant workload, and they are not obliged to respond to such requests for reports in the first place.  It may not facilitate a favourable result for anyone, not least the employee that you are trying to support.   Actually I find that the people that can influence such situations in a positive way are the secretaries of the clinicians, it is them that plonk the files on the desk and control the throughput, maybe a call to Dr Bloggs secretary with an explanation that you are waiting for a report, you want to be able to give the best advice etc etc may miraculously take it to the top of the pile? Either way you have put in a considerable amount of effort into this already, really depends on how much more time you feel is worth investing.......
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 17:38:14 +0100
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] medical reports
To: [log in to unmask]

medical reports

Dear Justin

I think a call/letter to said staff members
manager, enquiring nicely about said report might improve performance and help
business whether NHS or not.

This might be a widespread problem regarding
this individual, and need to be managed.  I can see no reason why some
wonderful staff members whether NHS or not can do this and others just make
no effort, and get away with it.  Whether you get a report or not from this
is still doubtful..... !

Joan