I'm guessing that the school will probably only receive money for a replacement teacher whilst that teacher is off site. It may also be to do with liability insurance.

The thing to do would be to liaise with the insurance company - they are very process driven and they have clear lines of demarcation as a rule. In all likelihood you would need to get their buy in and their processes changed!!!

Kind regards
Becky

On 25 Apr 2012, at 16:52, Andrea Martin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Could someone tell me what the insurance company has got to do with this?  I haven’t come across this before.
>
> Just wondering if there are any Equality Act  considerations which could affect this situation.
>
> Thanks
>
> Andrea Martin SCPHN (OH), RN

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: