Becky

Extended time for gloves would be: a) worn continuously for 20 – 30 minutes, b) worn for a total of 2 hours in any eight hour shift. (In Germany the regulations are that where gloves are worn for more than 20 minutes in any 8 hour shift this represents a specific skin hazard and appropriate management methods must be taken.

For me ambient temperature is 23 deg C average with possibly short periods up to 28 deg.

Why would you wish to use an alcohol sanitiser during glove wearing? However, if alcohol sanitiser is used correctly, i.e. allowed to evaporate completely before the gloves are redonned, the emollient effect would be what you would need to consider. This will depend upon the specific sanitiser, so I cannot give you a definitive answer to the question.

Chris

Chris Packham

FRSPH, FInstSMM, MCMI, MIIRSM, MBICSc

EnviroDerm Services

Unit 10, Building 11, The Mews, Mitcheldean, GL17 0SN

Tel: +44 1386 832 311 (office), Mobile: +44 7818 035 898

www.enviroderm.co.uk