Perhaps it needs a RCT!

On 12/04/2012 10:17, "Samantha Murphy" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi all,
I am a member of this group who doesn't happen to be a midwife but does happen to be a sociologist of human reproduction.  I am also a mother who when giving birth had long stretches when there was no midwife present.  To add my thoughts, for what they are worth, I would rather have a midwife in attendance who was knitting, then no midwife at all!  I think it is a rather lovely and comforting idea.
This seems to me to be a rather good research project.
Best wishes,
Sam