Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to remind you of a number of HEA events and opportunities open to staff in all HEA-subscribing Universities and those teaching HE in FE:

New To Teaching : Liverpool May 15 & 16 : A two-day residential event for new and recently-appointed staff, including GTAs with teaching responsibilities.  Free to staff at subscribing institutions.

Pedagogies of Hope and Opportunity : Arts and Humanities Conference : Glasgow May 29 & 30 : A two-day residential conference examining the current state of teaching and learning in the Humanities.  Full conference fee £130 including accommodation, breakfast, drinks reception for staff at subscribing institutions.

Booking for these and other events, including institutionally-hosted workshops, can be made through the HEA website www.heacademy.ac.uk/events

A reminder that the closing date for calls for the Collaborative Teaching Development Grants (funding up to £60,000) is April 22.  Bids for UK Travel Grants to attend conferences/events related to pedagogy remain on open call.

The HEA has some separate monies available for Special Interest Groups (eg Film Studies, Journalism, Cultural Studies) to promote pedagogic practice and research.

There is also a possibility of funding for one-off pedagogic research proposals.  If you have a proposal, please do contact me directly.

Lastly, I am still keen to recruit Academic Associates to work with the HEA in promoting learning, teaching and assessment in our subject communities.  These are paid posts when registered Associates are contracted to undertake practical workshops, sessions, or research projects.  Again, if you are interested in becoming an Associate, please do contact me directly.

Best wishes,

John

Professor John Mundy

Discipline Lead Media and Communications

T +44 (0)1904 717500            M +44 (0)7720 968821           [log in to unmask]

The Higher Education Academy, Innovation Way, York Science Park, Heslington, York, YO10 5BR

www.heacademy.ac.uk – Twitter@HEAcademy

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies. Please do not disclose, copy, or distribute information in this email nor take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Please note that views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Higher Education Academy. Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us. Although we have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free. The Higher Education Academy Registered No 4930131 --------------------------------------------------------
MeCCSA mailing list