As a slight aside, I was at an event the other night where the BBC reported they had digitised the entire World Service archive and then transcribed it automatically. They reported a 50% success rate as far as I recall, but what they were looking to do was extract metadata/tagging, not full transcriptions.

Overview of event: http://www.bbc.co.uk/academy/news/view/semantic_web

Video of presentation (see second half): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCnpSsxsb5U&list=PL5906124C50F16299&index=6&feature=plpp_video

Summary of project: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/researchanddevelopment/2012/03/automatically-tagging-the-worl.shtml

The person to contact is Yves Raymond (@moustaki on Twitter)

James Morley                       [log in to unmask]
Website Development Manager        +44 (0)20 8332 5759
Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew         www.kew.org