Apologies for cross-posting.

Would anyone with experience of either being or employing an NHS graduate trainee librarian/library trainee be willing to spend a few minutes sharing your thoughts with me. I'm trying to get some preliminary thoughts together for a possible future presenation/article. Any replies will be kept confidential and anonymous throughout.

I'm interested in understanding more about the following:

*Employers*

How many times have you employed a graduate trainee librarian/library trainee?

How was the post developed?

Was it CILIP-accredited?

How was the job description decided upon?

What went well?

What could be improved upon?

*Graduate trainees*

How do you feel your traineeship went?

What could have been improved upon?

How do you think it compares to other graduate traineeships?

And to anyone who has never employed a graduate trainee librarian/library trainee could you give me a reason for this? Lack of need? Lack of funds? Just not interested? Never thought of it before?

All replies will be treated with confidentiality and anonymity throughout - please reply to [log in to unmask]

Thank you all!
Lesley

Lesley Firth
Assistant Librarian
Professional Library, United Lincolnshire Hospitals Trust
Lincoln County Hospital