italian-studies: Scholarly discussions in any field of Italian studies On the cost of some Italian academic journals

(Apologies for cross-posting)

Dear colleagues,
I’d like to bring to your attention the article published by Claudio Giunta yesterday on the “Domenicale” of the Italian newspaper “Il Sole 24 Ore” about the outrageous costs of some Italian academic journals.
The article is now accessible online on Giunta’s personal website:
http://www.claudiogiunta.it/2012/04/la-cultura-che-fattura-ancora-sul-costo-esorbitante-delle-riviste-accademiche/

Since many of these journals are of extreme interest to our studies, and – as Giunta points out – the debate on journals’ costs is vibrant also in the Anglo-Saxon academic world, I think it is worth supporting the cause of an open and frank discussion.

With my best regards,

Anna Pegoretti

--
Dr Anna Pegoretti
Newton International Fellow

Leeds Humanities Research Institute
29-31 Clarendon Place
Leeds, LS2 9JT (UK)
+44 (0)1133438868

------ Fine del messaggio inoltrato

********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: join italian-studies YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: leave italian-studies to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/italian-studies.html