Hi,

We have been investigating the problem of disk servers loosing network connectivity that I reported in an earlier e-mail. We have not yet found the cause of this problem although - at least temporarily - it has stopped. We have put the Castor storage and batch in a 'warning' in the GOC DB overnight.

As part of our investigations we have applied some updates to a few of the disk servers, but as yet we cannot be certain if this has fixed the problem. Assuming the systems perform satisfactorily overnight we plan to roll-out the patches to all disk servers of the affected types tomorrow (Friday) morning.

Gareth Smith.