BOOKING NOW OPEN:

The Higher Education Academy’s First Annual Arts & Humanities Conference

Pedagogies of Hope and Opportunity

The HEA’s First Annual Arts & Humanities Conference

Blu Radisson Hotel, Glasgow

29–30 May 2012

***Apologies for cross-posting***

Unprecedented changes in UK higher education are placing the Arts & Humanities under particular scrutiny and pressure.

Pedagogies of Hope and Opportunity is the HEA’s first annual conference dedicated solely to enhancing learning and teaching in Arts & Humanities and the experience for students.

Over two days and 30 parallel sessions and interactive workshops, the conference will explore the latest developments and current, creative and innovative practice:

·         Curriculum design

·         Innovations in learning and teaching

·         Technology-enhanced and e-learning

·         Assessment and feedback

·         Employability

·         Internationalisation

Keynote speakers:

Professor Giovanni Schiuma, Professor of Innovation and Knowledge Management, Scientific Director of the Centre for Value Management, Universita degli Studi della Basilicata, Italy.

Professor Linda Drew, Acting Deputy Director and Director of Academic Development, Glasgow School of Art.

To find out more and book, please visit: http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/events/detail/2012/academyevents/AH_Conference_2012

For details about assistance with travel costs, see: http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/travel-fund

Please share this message with colleagues who may be interested.

Thanks

Dr Jennie Osborn

Academic Development Officer (Resources, Seminars and Events), Arts and Humanities

M +44 (0)7720968838            [log in to unmask]          Skype jennie.osborn1

The Higher Education Academy, Innovation Way, York Science Park, Heslington, York, YO10 5BR

www.heacademy.ac.uk – Twitter@HEAcademy

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies. Please do not disclose, copy, or distribute information in this email nor take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Please note that views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Higher Education Academy. Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us. Although we have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free. The Higher Education Academy Registered No 4930131 ************************************************************ The GALICIAN-STUDIES discussion list is administered by the Gonzalez-Millan Group for Galician Studies (GMGGS), the English-language section of the Asociacion Internacional de Estudios Galegos (AIEG). For more information about these groups, please contact the list owners. ************************************************************