Hi,

nothing to worry about, eye.mat is just an identity transformation, a 4x4 unit matrix. It is created at the end of bedpostx and used by a bedpostx monitor to detect whether process has completely successfully. You can do

cat eye.mat

in one of the directories that contain it and see its contents.

Cheers
Stam