Thanks for your reply, David. The thing is that the *tfce_corrp_tstat* files don't show any significant effect. Any thoughts on to what extent the uncorrected but TFCE based p-maps would indicate that there is indeed an effect, even if the formally corrected p-maps don't show any? I mean, the uncorrected maps show clustered effects at logical locations and therefore look very plausible. Or is TFCE never a surrogate for real multiple comparisons correction? After reading Steve's TFCE paper I think it's not just a cosmetical operation but adds real sensitivity...

Best regards,

René