Dear Professor Tyler,

I was very excited to see this post-doctoral position advertised on the FSL mailing list this morning.  I will graduate from the University of California at Berkeley in August with a PhD in Neuroscience.  I have worked for the last five years on a cross sectional and longitudinal study of the development of reasoning ability, combining functional and structural MRI data with neuropsychological and genetic measures of cognition in children aged 6 to 20 years.  I would be very excited to continue my study of brain development through the lifespan as a post-doctoral fellow within the CamCAN project.

This is a very brief email, because I am actually *at* San Francisco International Airport about to board my flight to London.  I will be in Cambridge on Thursday afternoon and Friday of this week.  If you have any time to meet with me (I apologise for the short notice!) I would love to hear more about the project and your vision for the future.  It would be an invaluable opportunity to meet you in person since I am usually so far away from the UK.

I've attached my CV to this email, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best wishes
Kirstie Whitaker