Hi,

You could try GNU parallel and the attached patch for fsl_sub

http://www.gnu.org/software/parallel/

I've used the patched version of fsl_sub a couple of times and it appeared to work correctly, but it's not undergone extensive testing so you milage may vary. The patch introduces a variable FSL_NCPUS that controls the number of cores that will be used. If not set in your environment it is set to 100% by the patched  fsl_sub meaning that every available core will be utilized. This is behavior that you may not want, depending on what you want to do and what available RAM on the machine is like.

On Apr 20, 2012, at 8:23 AM, Daniel Peterson wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
>   Now that Sun Grid Engine has become Oracle Grid Engine, and none of the links to the install files on your SGE setup tutorial go anywhere, what should I do if I want to use all 8 cores of my Mac Pro? Maybe someone can pass me some old sge install files...
>
> Thanks,
> -Dan

Regards,
--