Dear FSL list,

I have been doing two groups comparisons and a question came up which I wasn’t sure how to answer correctly. Usually in the group level I use a [1 –1] [-1 1] contrast which gives me the directionality of the differences between groups. My questions is that I am particularly interested in the differences in the ‘deactivations’ or in other words not the [1 0] contrast of the first level but rather the [-1 0] contrast. I was wondering if the directionality is based exclusively on the activation pattern I propose it to handle? Thank you very much.

--
Andres