Hi everyone,

I'm a masters student at the University of Nottingham studying Translational Neuroimaging. I'm doing some TBSS work for one of my professors to gain some extra experience and this is the error that I get at the postreg stage after it says creating valid mask and mean FA:

Image Exception : #99 :: Out of memory
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'RBD_COMMON::BaseException'
/home/fsl/Desktop/myfsl/fsl/bin/tbss_3_postreg: line 183: 21213 Aborted
 $FSLDIR/bin/fslmaths all_FA -max 0 -Tmin -bin mean_FA_mask -odt char

Now, this is the first time that I'm doing any image analysis at all so I'm pretty much at a dummy stage. I'm using a Windows 7 32-bit PC with a 2 GB RAM. I downloaded and managed to install VMWare and FSL on this machine and my data (112 datasets) is on a 931 GB Hard Drive. I couldn't mount this Hard Drive as it is NTFS but I connected it using the Shared Folders option so that's where all my output is being stored.

Registration has worked fine, I think. I've got the warp.msf, warp.nii.gz, .log and .mat files for all the datasets. No idea what's going wrong with the tbss_3_postreg stage. For the record, I used the tbss_3_postreg -S command.

Obviously there's a lot of memory on this Hard Drive so it this 'out of memory' referring to the RAM? What do I need to do in order to get this to work? Update my hardware to get more RAM? If so, how much more RAM would I need to complete the analysis successfully? If this isn't a RAM related problem, why am I getting this error and what can I do to fix this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

- Jyo.