Dear FSL users,

I've performed group ICA and group comparison using dual regression. The stage 3 statistics I get include *_tfce_p_tstat*.nii and *tfce_corrp_tstat*.nii maps of (1-p). I'm now a bit at a loss how to interpret the *_tfce_p_tstat*.nii maps; their naming suggests they are uncorrected, however dual regression makes use of permutation testing which would provide multiple comparison correction. Furthermore, the results are threshold-free cluster enhanced (tfce), which suppresses stray (and therefore probably false-positive) significant voxels. I guess this also provides (maybe somewhat informal) control over the Type 1 error. Should I therefore consider the *_tfce_p_tstat*.nii outputs as truly uncorrected or do they deserve more credit?

Best regards,

Rene Besseling