[Apologies for cross-posting]

hosting the Scottish e-Assessment Awards 2012

www.e-assessment-scotland.org

Final Call for Posters, Presentations and Workshops

Two related events:

Day Conference:              Friday 31st August, at the University of Dundee

Online Conference:        23rd August – 6th September

Hi,

If you’re working with or have any experience of eAssesment (including ePortfolios, online marking, or similar), then please share your story with us at the fourth eAssessment Scotland conference in Dundee.

The conference is open to everyone, and we welcome presenters from all across the globe (not just Scotland!). We’re looking for examples of how eAssessment has been used in education, health services and the commercial sector (everywhere really). You have a numbers of options when it comes to presenting:

For the Day Conference, you can:

·         deliver a 30-minute presentations (including Q&A)

·         run a 45-minute hands-on workshops (PC labs and seminar rooms available)

·         produce an A2 poster (we’ll take care of the printing and all posters will be entered into a competition, with the winner selected by public vote)

For the Online Conference, you can:

·         deliver a 30 or 45-minute presentation (including Q&A)

Now, we know people are pressed for time – so the application process is very simple. All we need is a very brief description of what you wish to present – a couple of paragraphs will be enough. We’re pretty experienced when it comes to assessment, so chances are we’ll know what you’re talking about (and if we don’t, we’ll just ask).

To submit:

1.       Download the submission form http://www.e-assessment-scotland.org/Publications/Submission_Template.doc

2.       Send your submission to [log in to unmask]

The deadline for submissions was the 1st of May, but we had a few *cough* teething issues with our mail server last week (thanks to all who emailed to let us know!), so we’ve decided to extend the deadline to the end of the week, Friday the 4th of May (though we probably will accept submissions over the weekend from the especially keen).

Okay – some last points:

·         This might not be of interest to everyone, but selected presentations delivered at the conference (both in Dundee and online) will be submitted to a special edition of the International Journal of e-Assessment. An extra chance to see your work published!

·         If you have any questions about presenting, producing a poster, or anything connected with the conference, then just drop us a line. We’ll do our best to help out with anything we can.

Right, that’s it really. Thanks for taking the time to read this (I really mean that... I do tend to ramble a bit), and I look forward to reading about your presentation ideas (and meeting you at the conference!).

;-)

Kenji Lamb

Soffed

e: [log in to unmask]

w: www.soffed.com

m: 0788 8950 341

t: @kenjilamb

l: www.linkedin.com/in/kklamb

Still reading? Wow, you must really be keen! Well, as you’re sticking with it, here’s a little more on the conference itself:

Conference Details

Last year, the third annual eAssessment Scotland conference welcomed around 300 delegates to the silvery shores of Dundee, where they were inspired, impressed and challenged by a stimulating programme of events. Now firmly established as the UK’s largest conference focusing on technology-enhanced assessment practices, we look forward to making the fourth conference the best yet!

This year, eAssessment Scotland turns its attention to the important issue of feedback – what forms it can take, who should be responsible for it, and how it may be acted upon once received. Technology has its part to play in bringing feedback to the fore and we want to hear how you are making a difference in this area.

We believe our conference offers something special to the community:

eAssessment Scotland is the UK’s largest conference dedicated to looking at the benefits and implementation of eAssessment. Our conference draws in speakers and delegates from across the globe, giving them a chance to share their experiences and examples of good practice.

eAssessment Scotland is a practical conference – we cover what’s happening now and bring you ideas, approaches and technologies that you can embed in your teaching and assessment today. It really is for everyone with an interest in the area. We welcome delegates from the public and private sectors – if you have a story to tell, or just want to learn more, then you should join us in Dundee on the 31st of August (or online from the 23rd August to the 6th September).

eAssessment Scotland is FREE to attend (though it’s not FREE to run, we work hard with our organising partners and sponsors to raise the funds to run the most popular event on the eAssessment calendar).

The structure of the eAssessment Scotland conferences continues to evolve, responding to the feedback we receive each year. Many delegates felt there was far too little time on the day to absorb all the good content in eAssessment Scotland 2011 and so, for 2012, we will include a parallel online component. This online conference will run before, after and during the physical conference held in the City of Dundee on the 31st of August.

On registering for the online event, delegates will initially have access to online discussion boards, material related to the upcoming presentations and early access to the poster presentations. On the week beginning the 27th August, delegates will be able to sign up for online presentations that focus on the conference theme of feedback and the use of technology to enhance the assessment process. The online conference will continue until the 6th of September, allowing everyone to share their own feedback and experiences of eAssessment Scotland 2012.

SeAA 2012.jpgThe face-to-face conference on the 31st of August will once again play host to the Scottish e-Assessment Awards. Some of last year’s winners will be returning to Dundee to deliver presentations on latest developments connected with their award-winning projects. Perhaps you would like to consider submitting an entry this year? More details about the Awards are available on the conference website, with submissions accepted from the beginning of March.

Through the contributions of the organising partners and commercial sponsors, attendance at this one-day cross-sector conference and its online component will be, once again, free to delegates. With each year drawing more delegates from across the globe, make sure you book your place at the UK’s most popular e-Assessment event of the year. Registration will opens in May.

Visit the conference website at:

www.e-assessment-scotland.org

organised by

dundee_logo.gif  eaa   cid:image014.jpg@01CD1D6C.EDBCA890  hea_logo.gif  sqa_logo.gif  eLearnAlliance_logo.jpg