Good Morning,

We are pleased to announce our joint event with the Museums Computer Group, entitled Working together to engage digital audiences in museums.

July 11, 2012 10:00 am

Room G.107 in the Alan Turing building, University of Manchester.

Today, museums are finding more and more ways to use digital technologies to enhance their learning and public engagement programmes. Technology has tremendous potential to engage, excite and inspire people, to make learning more flexible and to cater for different learning styles and abilities.  In many museums, however, the work of learning departments and technology teams is still quite separate.

This conference, curated jointly by the Museums Computer Group and the Digital Learning Network, will bring together the two worlds of museum technology and museum learning and encourage them to talk and learn from each others’ skills and experience.

Museum technologists will learn about tried and tested techniques used by colleagues in Learning departments to measure the impact of digital projects on audiences. Learning teams will be inspired by the potential of digital technologies to achieve learning outcomes, audience engagement and reach.

Book now for what promises to be a popular day featuring best practice case studies, workshops around key digital challenges and an ‘unconference’ session where you suggest the themes ensuring we discuss the most pressing challenges that you’re currently facing.

The full programme will be announced 11 May 2012.

Book tickets now at: http://mcg-dlnet.eventbrite.com/.

Many thanks,

Claire

Claire Ross

Centre for Digital Humanities

Department of Information Studies

University College London

Gower Street

WC1E 6BT

Tel: 020 7679 3232 (direct), 020 7679 7204 (dept),

Email: [log in to unmask]

skype: clairey.ross

Webpage:https://www.ucl.ac.uk/infostudies/claire-ross/

twitter:http://twitter.com/clairey_ross

Blog: http://claireyross.wordpress.com/

UCLDH Blog: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/dh-blog/

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + DLNET list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask] For information about joining, leaving and suspending mail (eg during a holiday) see the list website at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=DLNET + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +