Hi everyone,

Just to add, there are still a few places left if you wish to join us in person rather than via the net

Follow the links on http://www.lcedn.com, the online system is still open for registrations (£50 per day)

Speakers include:

thanks

Ed.

On 3 Apr 2012, at 09:35, Jonathan Cloke wrote:

Speaking of wikis and online participation, our Low Carbon Energy for Development Network conference here at Loughborough (Weds and Thurs - 4-5th April) has been developed with a strong online participatory element. The theme of the conference is Low Carbon Energy For Development: Past Experiences And Future Challenges.

A substantial part of the conference is going to be duplicated/supported by online activiites - see http://lcedn.com/ and go through the 'Conference' link to get to the online bit. So far we have:

1) Interviews with international delegates from Africa, Asia and Latin America which will be done by mobile and uploaded to the Bambuser site;

2) Simcasts with webcams which will be uploaded live to the LCEDN website as they occur so that they can be watched live or later as podcasts;

3) Online discussions/participation arranged through a Blackboard/Collaborate portal here at Loughborough through which interested parties can join in;

4) A Twitter fountain accessed by the conference hashtag through which questions/thoughts and images for the conference can be put forward

Anyone with an interest in energy, development, online media/participation or more generally distance pedagogy would be more than welcome to join in and have a look at the presentations, discussions and debates.

This is the first of three conferences this year and we want to establish a kind of benchmark for online participation that we can take forward to the next conferences to improve accessibility; we'd therefore welcome feedback on the online experience....

Dr Jon Cloke
Lecturer/Research Associate
Geography Department
Loughborough University
Loughborough LE11 3TU

Office: 01509 228193
Mob: 07984 813681

-

Dr. Ed Brown

Associate Director, Sustainability Research School,

Senior Lecturer in Human Geography,

Department of Geography,

Loughborough University,

Leicestershire,