"Less well-known or discussed is what happened to Sgt. Bales on the other front: the class war front. Three days before his shooting rampage, the house where Bales’s wife and two children lived in Tacoma, Washington, was put up for a short sale, $50,000 underwater. This was exactly what Sgt. Bales and his wife feared might happen if the Army forced him into a fourth battlefield deployment. The last time Sgt. Bales deployed — to Iraq in August 2009 — Bank of America foreclosed on the family’s rental property, a duplex that his wife had bought in 1999 that was also underwater. Within months of BofA taking their duplex, Sgt. Bales’s Humvee hit an IED and flipped over, causing brain and head injuries. On a previous deployment to Iraq, Sgt. Bales had one of his feet partially blown off by a bomb."

(Mark Ames: Death By Foreclosure Killings and Staff Sgt. Roger Bales)

Class War, meet War on Terror - WOT, meet Classie... I'm gonna leave you guys alone, 'cos I know you got a lot to talk about!

Dr Jon Cloke
LCEDN/MEGS Research Associate
Geography Department
Loughborough University