From: Veli Albert Kallio <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 11:10:51 +0000
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: FW: Methane Fireball from the Ocean Scares People

I enclose a video about Port-au-Haiti fireball which emerged from the ocean
on the eve of the Haitian earthquake as the tensions built up on sea floor
and destabilised methane clathrates.

In the Caspian Sea there were 1500 metre flames from the ocean when the
water table dropped due to water engineering works that redirected the water
away from the lake.

Mark Lynas The Six Degrees speaks about these methane fireballs emerging
from the ground and the sea. (I have enclosed his illustrations of off-shore
methane fireballs.)

In addition I am enclosing the image of potential on-shore methane venting
site with University of Bologna illustration about the Lake Cheko Conical
Basin (the last photo).

It has been suggested that spring floods (due to ice dam) melted permafrost
leading to lake and river cascading into an underground gas field as gas
rushed out it ignited in fireball.

The other contender of cause of Tunguska explosion is some projectile
falling from sky but until to day there is no certainty about the exact
cause of events 100 years ago.

In Native American indian history telling there were a time when fireballs
were frequently emerging from the Gulf of Mexico and villages had to move
out from the coastal regions.

This could be associated with the end of Ice Ages warming or alterations in
sea water table during glaciations.

To: [log in to unmask]

            Hi all,

  This blog posting [1] is quite clear about the devastating impact    that
methane could have, except he goes overboard on the explosions!

  I've replied to the blogger [2].

  Cheers,

  John

  [1]
http://rocknj.hubpages.com/hub/How-Methane-Gas-Releases-Due-To-Global-Warmin
g-Could-Cause-Human-Extinction

  [2] From: John Nissen <[log in to unmask]>    To: Rock_nj    Subject:
Methane
emergency-------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------
John Nissen ([log in to unmask]) has    sent you this message.    (email
address not verified)

Have you considered the evidence of the      Arctic Methane Emergency Group,
AMEG, that the situation over      methane in the Arctic has already become
extremely dangerous as a      result of dramatic warming and sea ice
retreat? The only means to      avoid the situation becoming much worse,
putting the whole of      humanity at risk, is to find measures to cool the
Arctic -      quickly.

    See site www.ameg.me <http://www.ameg.me/>

    John