I have been asked to write something for Current Archaeology on the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, and have a quite a bit of material already. But I am wondering. Is anyone aware of any interesting diamond jubilee memorials, actual or anticipated; are there any contemporary archaeologies of the Jubilee or of the Queen's sixty year reign; has anyone studied any previous royal jubilees from an archaeological or material culture perspective; any other less-obvious royal connections with archaeology from this period (eg. I have Round Tower fire, Time Tam at the Palace, Honours and QAPs etc, oh and Johnny Rotten!)?

Thanks.

John

--
Dr John Schofield MIfA FSA
Director of Studies, Cultural Heritage Management

Telephone: 01904 32396
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://www.york.ac.uk/archaeology/staff/academic-staff/john-schofield/

Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education 2011

Disclaimer: http://www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/email.htm

-------------------------- contemp-hist-arch is a list for news and events in contemporary and historical archaeology, and for announcements relating to the CHAT conference group. ------- For email subscription options see: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/archives/contemp-hist-arch.html ------- Visit the CHAT website for more information and for future meeting dates: http://www.contemp-hist-arch.ac.uk --------------------------