On Mon, 30 Apr 2012, Marie-Laurence Tremblay wrote:

> I'm trying to import .pdb files generated by ARIA back into analysis but I get
> this message and the .pdbs wont load:
>
> "Cannot find file:
>   Cannot find ChemComp XML file other, TIP."
>
> I go through Structure>Structures>import to try and import those files.

TIP are the waters for the water refinement I think. You don't usually
need these - there's a check box in the ARIA GUI to turn off the output
of the waters. In general the direct import into analysis won't work for
non-standard things (other than just proteins or nucleic acids in other
words).

> It doesn't work either through the format converter
> (import>coordinates>PDB).  It says that the files can't be read even
> though they look fine.

Try importing as pseudopdb

Dr. Brian O. Smith --------------------------- Brian Smith at glasgow ac uk
Institute of Molecular, Cell and Systems Biology & School of Life Sciences,
           College of Medical, Veterinary & Life Sciences,
   Joseph Black Building, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, UK.
Tel: 0141 330 5167/6459/3089                        Fax: 0141 330 4600