From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of LISA
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ccp4bb] phaser: high z score but no sol

Hi all,

I am trying to solve one structure by molecular replacement with phaser in CCP4. This  a complex of a multi-domain domains with small ligand. I have structues of this protein in apo state and with other similar ligand.  The space group of this crystal is P21. This crystal should have 4 molecules in ASU.  I used the full protein as model but did get any sol and LLG is below zero. Then each domain were used as the search models in phaser with rotation and tranlsation. I can the get high z score (>20), and LLG is raising. It looks like I get the right sol, but it  have more 50 clashes.  Why phaser give wrong sol with so high z socre? Can anyone give me some suggestion to solve my strucutes? Thank you.
Best

Lisa