Dear all,

My question is related to a sample preparation.

I’m working with a complex that can be stabilized with glycerol (at least 10%) during purification. The use of detergents does not help. After purification, the sample is homogeneous (EM) and can be concentrated (3-4mg.mL-1) . I already set up many drops, changing several conditions (pH, salt...) but nothing conclusive appeared.

I know that crystallogenesis in presence of glycerol works (Sousa, Acta Cryst (1995), ...) however, because of the aspect of the drops (precipitates that seem close to the nucleation phase), I suspect that the glycerol can be one of the limiting factors of the protocol.

Has anybody else been already confronted to the same problem? Does someone know if there is an alternate additive to glycerol?

Thanks in advance for suggestions/help

With best wishes

Toby