Hi,

For me it is detergent crystals or other stuff that is not quite important in this case. As you showed the resolution is quite low. I suggest you need to repeat again again again. You may go to PEG200. In our case, it is very difficult to reproduce membrane protein crystals.

Good luck!

Hi,

I am trying to screen crystals of membrane protein in DDM solutions. I got crystals and its diffraction pattern as I enclosed. Membrane protein crystallization seems quite different from soluble protein. The condition contains PEG400. I learn from other topic here that PEG400 can easily produce DDM detergent crystals. Is it detergent crystal ?  Can I tell this from the diffraction pattern?  Advices would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Hongjun