Dear All,

With my most recent PDBe deposition, in addition to the native data, I
had intended to deposit the anomalous data, used for structure
determination, and make it available for download. This turned out to
be less straightforward than I had anticipated, because the current
PDB convention is to only allow a single structure factor file for
experimental data (usually the native dataset), available for download
from the PDB. In my case, the anomalous data were concatenated with
the native data into a single cif file (this worked and made sense,
because both for both datasets the unit cell dimensions are virtually
identical).

I imagine it would be beneficial to be able to make available more
than a single structure factor file, including the ones derived from
experimental phasing, in the PDB, along with the final coordinates,
without concatenating the data into a single file (which may lead to
confusion to users when downloaded). Is this anything the PDB is
already working to implement in the near future (perhaps via the
coming PDBx format)?

Best regards,

Florian