Is there room in the LN2 to plunge directly in, then maneuver into
puck? That's what I did, with a different setup, but still anaerobic and
moving into pucks. I did not run into ice problems. If there is not room
within the LN2 bowl, can you use a larger one?

 I've found any hesitation when heading into LN2 (i.e.increased time spent
hovering over LN2 in the gas/semi cool area) can cause ice. Thus I always
try to plunge in quickly, then maneuver to the desired storage location
(puck, cap).

Kelly
Kelly Daughtry, Ph.D.
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Raetz Lab