Dear all

Please find below details of a cataloguing position at Lincolnshire Archives, which will also be advertised in the next issue of ARC Recruitment.  Further details are available online, using the hyperlink and post reference.

LINCOLNSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
COMMUNITIES DIRECTORATE
Economy and Culture
COLLECTIONS ACCESS OFFICER (Level 2)
G7 – SCP 18 £22,958 - £25,472 pro-rata
Lincolnshire Archives is a large, busy, local authority record office, holding documents relating to Lincolnshire and the historic diocese of Lincoln from the 11th Century to the present day.

We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Archivist to join our team on an 18 month contract to deliver our “Rolling the World” project, funded by the National Cataloguing Grant Scheme. The work will involve cataloguing and producing online resources for two substantial engineering deposits: Aveling-Barford of Grantham and Robey & Co of Lincoln.

Applicants should hold a degree and professional qualification in Archive Administration and have a good knowledge of archival resources. Experience of cataloguing, preferably using CALM software, as well as a familiarity with other Microsoft applications is also required.

Good communication and interpersonal skills, for dealing with the public, colleagues and volunteers are vital, as are accuracy, attention to detail, and an ability to work to national standards and house style to agreed deadlines.

For more information please contact: Dr Mike Rogers, Collections Access Team Leader on (01522) 552029
To apply go to our website at: https://jobs.lincolnshire.gov.uk .  Post Reference: 40052904

You can also browse our site at any time, and in a variety of ways, for other exciting job opportunities in Lincolnshire.

Closing date for this post is midnight Friday, 20 April 2012.

Interviews week commencing Monday 7 May 2012.

Here at Lincolnshire County Council we want our workforce to reflect the make up of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be family friendly employer and offer flexible working patterns.

Mike Rogers (Dr)
Collections Access Team Leader (Archives & Remote Access)
Economy & Culture
Lincolnshire County Council
Lincolnshire Archives
St Rumbold St
Lincoln
LN2 5AB

Telephone Number Office: 01522 552029
Telephone Number Mobile: 07836 553361
Fax Number: 01522 530047
LCC email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
GCSX secure email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Step into summer…
You’ll find a wide range of learning opportunities in our new brochure.
Download your free copy here: http://bit.ly/SummerGrow12
Follow us on Twitter: @learninglincs
Like us on Facebook: Learning Lincolnshire
SavePaper - Do you really need to print this e-mail?
CONFIDENTIALITYSTATEMENT
Disclaimer:This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential andsolely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.Therefore if the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you arehereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email isstrictly prohibited. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author anddo not necessarilyrepresentthe views of LincolnshireCounty Council unless otherwiseexplicitly stated. The information contained inthis email may be subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of InformationAct 2000. Unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure, theconfidentiality of this email and your reply cannot beguaranteed.

Note: We are a Microsoft Office site.  Our base version is 2003.
Please make sure
that files you send can be read in this format.

Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
modification, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail is
strictly
prohibited save unless expressly authorised by the sender.

The information contained in this message is intended for the
named
recipients only. It may contain privileged and confidential
information and if you
are not the addressee or the person responsible for delivering this
to the addressee,
you may not copy, distribute or take action in reliance on it.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender(s)
immediately by telephone. Please also destroy and delete as soon as
possible
the message from your computer.