Freelance Opportunity
Educational Testing Service (ETS) is recruiting academics to provide authentic-sounding academic lectures on topics appropriate for first-year university students. Lecturers record themselves speaking for 5 to 10 minutes on topics from various academic fields. The lecturer can be a professor or an advanced postgraduate student (i.e: ABD) with teaching experience.

Payment
ETS pays $250 USD for every accepted lecture.

Background
The lectures will serve as a basis to prepare scripts for the Listening Comprehension section of the TOEFL iBT test (Test of English as a Foreign Language). The purpose of the TOEFL test is to provide a measure of the academic English language ability of non-native English speakers who wish to study at an English-speaking university. Accordingly, the language in the TOEFL test needs to be representative of academic language. In the Listening Comprehension part of TOEFL, for example, we ask test takers to listen to excerpts of academic lectures and then answer questions about those lectures. To help us create authentic materials, we have professors record themselves talking on subjects in their fields of expertise then we use the transcripts as a basis for our lecture scripts.

How to Get Involved
Please send your CV and all relevant teaching syllabi to Elizabeth Jenner at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by EOD Sunday, 6 May, 2012. It may take our team up to 4 weeks to respond after we receive your information.

Thank you for your interest in working with ETS!