-----"Aesthetics, Creativity, and Organisations Research Network" <[log in to unmask]> wrote: -----
To: [log in to unmask]
From: Brenda Parkerson <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: "Aesthetics, Creativity, and Organisations Research Network" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 04/23/2012 04:39PM
Subject: Re: choreography and dynamic structures

The perspective of an ex-dancer - I see choreography as collaboration between the choreographer and the dancer. Choreography evolves out of the collaboration. Choreographers are often surprised themselves by what emerges. Design happens within a 3 dimensional space, in lighting, in costumes and within rhythmical structures inside and outside the music. The choreographer brings a vision, a dance vocabulary and leadership to the collaboration. Dancers bring themselves, their discipline and a willingness to work through the choreographer's vision.
Not very academic, but I hope makes some sense...
Brenda Parkerson