Jen, you might want to look at my work on feasting at the Iron Age royal site of Dun Ailinne in Ireland. There is a long piece in the site report, written by Johnston and Wailes (2007) and a shorter version Here:
Ritual Feasting in the Irish Iron Age: Re-examining the Fauna from Dún Ailinne in Light of Contemporary Archaeological Theory. In Behaviour Behind Bones: The Zooarchaeology of Ritual, Religion, Status and Identity, edited by Sharyn Jones O’Day, Win Van Neer, and Anton Ervynck, pp. 62-65. Oxford: Oxbow Books (2003).

Pam Crabtree

From: Jen Wood
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 10:40 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ZOOARCH] Feasting

I would like to do a little research into feasting and read about any sites where people have identified possible feasting activities.
Especially relating to the UK, and the Iron Age and Romano-British periods.
I am hoping someone out there might have a ready reading list available.
Maybe from the last PZG meeting?
I would be grateful for any assistance

Thanks in Advance

Jen Wood