Dammit; I *knew* Chancellor Osbourne read this mailing list. Sent
this ...

>  ... that appears to be where all the money / funding has gone to.

... and within two minutes, literally, there's a budget announcement
that the UK games industry is going to (finally) get a tax break:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/340845/finally-uk-games-industry-to-get-tax-breaks/

http://twitter.com/search/realtime/UKGamesTaxBreaks

Okay, it's not quite virtual worlds in education centric, but there
may be overlap in commercial collaborations. Hurrah! Maybe I'll vote
Conservative (were it not for the privatisation of the NHS, student
fees, destruction of the public library network, Vodaphones £6bn tax
let-off, the ... etc).

JK

Access the list, archives and filestore via the web on http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/VIRTUALWORLDS