Alessandra Forti [mailto:[log in to unmask]] said:
> I heard strong objections from the experiments, not only atlas but also
> lhcb, but I can't recall the meeting. I think it was at the GDB that
> Philippe Charpentier lamented that the security TEG was banging on the
> glexec issue when so far nobody has tried to breaking via grid
> certificates but mostly through brute force attacks or other OS
> weaknesses and there are other issues to fix like the storage. And I
> mean lhcb was the experiment who proposed glexec in 2006.

My impression from the TEG summary is that someone from NIKHEF did demonstrate that the current system can be broken, and that convinced at least the security people. (Personally I also think that people haven't looked hard enough at storage - there are plenty of things that might get stored which could generate a lot of bad publicity.)

Stephen