From: SPM (Statistical Parametric Mapping) [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Yu Lei [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 29 March 2012 17:28
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SPM] Question about linear model and nonlinear model

Dear SPM experts,

I'm a student in the neuroimaging data analysis. Recently, I've found that in the study of the relationship
between stimuli and hemodynamic response, someone use linear system models, such as GLM and FIR
model, and the others use nonlinear system models, such as state-space model. I wonder if someone
can tell me some advantages and disadvantages about these two different models?

Thanks,

Yu Lei

Zhengzhou Science and Technology College, China