Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10054, phase=RECEIVE, target=10.0.0.37:2306). The server is probably not started. Hi Donald,

Thank you very much for your rapid reply.

I do take your point, that as I'm not comparing the within-subject levels to one another, one might consider it akin to performing multiple one-sample t-tests, so it's strictly speaking not really a within-subject effect that I'm testing... GLM_flex sounds like an interesting toolbox and I will give it a try. The idea of the eye contrast was derived from the SPM manual (chapter 30: face group fmri data). As in the example in the manual, my factor is time and the 9 levels are the FIR time bins. I basically would like to assess those voxels that show any form of event-related response, analogous to the example in the manual.

The problem remains though that the same-vein contrast (looking where any of the levels of a within-subject repeated measures factor are different from 0) works with other datasets, so I'm still not sure why it would fail to run on this particular dataset and would appreciate any hints or suggestions.

I apologize in advance if I missed something obvious,

Bianca