How would you adjust that for both time and dispersion derivatives?

laura.

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Chris Watson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
From the email you linked to:

you would
first obtain the individual contrasts for each of the canonical and
derivative terms from each subject (two contrast volumes per subject),
as before. Then, instead of entering these volumes directly into a
second level analysis, you would compute, for each subject, a single
volume estimating the "amplitude" of the effects at each voxel =
sign(V1).*sqrt(V1.^2+V2.^2), where V1 is the canonical effect contrast
volume, and V2 is the temporal derivative effect contrast volume.
These "amplitude" effects estimate the amplitude of the peak response
irrespective of the delay at which it occurrs (within a reasonable
range). Last you would enter these "amplitude" volumes in a simple
second-level t-test for population inferences.