Dear Friends of Spenser,

Now that the Spenser Review has become an online journal, we have an opportunity to reflect on its contents, format, and relationship to other venues—Spenser Studies, the Sidney-Spenser listserv, and a number of web sites that provide resources for the study of Spenser’s works and their contexts.

Members of the International Spenser Society have begun a discussion of these matters; suggestions are circulating.  To serve the community of Spenser students, teachers, and researchers as best we can, the society would like to open the discussion to include subscribers to the listserv, whether they belong to the ISS or not.  Indeed, we'd like to hear from anyone interested enough to reply.

We’d like to know what features of the Spenser Review you would most wish to preserve, what new features you’d like to see added, and how you would like to see the review linked or associated with other venues.  We’d like to know what online academic journals or other digital resources you see as models for best practices.

Please feel free to respond in one of two ways:  either by posting thoughts to the listserv, or by sending your ideas directly to me ([log in to unmask]).  I will share the responses that come my way with others in the ISS who have expressed an interest in developing a set of recommendations for the Executive Committee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

David Lee Miller

President, International Spenser Society

--
David Lee Miller
Carolina Distinguished Professor of English