and socio-meteorology or socio-geology (socio-seismology), perhaps?  I
was immediately struck with the thought that in Book I, canto xi, when
Spenser's attention is on the beast of beasts, the dragon, more
prevalent than beast similes are comparisons of the creature to forces
of the natural landscape, winds, waves, storms, earthquakes.

Ken