Dear colleagues

We are looking at how we might improve training for a variety of staff (PIs, Grant Administrators, Departmental Administrators etc ) around the area of Project Management for Research Grants.

We would be looking to cover a variety of topics including, but not exclusively, University Financial Regulations, RCUK Expectations, Recruitment (HR), Understanding Monthly Statements, a session on our Finance package for researchers (how to code, how to get and read reports etc) Reporting Requirements, and so on.

Having made a list of what we would like to include it seems quite extensive and it would involve quite a number of staff from across the institution having to be available for a training day/s.

I was wondering -

a, how are other people dealing with this issue

b, how do you accommodate the different starting points for staff (some may have run a grant before, some may be first timers and others!!)

b, has anyone any experience of an online system for this kind of training

If anyone has any advice or suggestions, they are prepared to share, I would be most grateful

Thank you

Jo

Jo Strong

Adran Gwleidyddiaeth Ryngwladol