For further information please visit www.rcseng.ac.uk
Closing date: 31 March 2012.

The Royal College of Surgeons of England
£21,000 pa

With a worldwide reputation for educational excellence and state of the art teaching, The Royal College of Surgeons of England exists to promote the highest standards of surgical care. Our archives team manages the College's fascinating institutional and deposited archive collections relating to the history of surgery, and the surgical profession. To enable us to achieve our five year plan to further develop the archive and records services to provide modern and accessible facilities, improved finding aids, and inspiring exhibitions and events, we are currently advertising the following position.

You will provide valuable support for the records and archives services at the College. This will include dealing with enquiries, supervising researchers, cataloguing and repackaging collections, and assisting the part time Records Manager to promote and administer a fledgling records management service, both paper and digital records.

Both the Archivist and Records Manager will supervise and mentor you as you gain practical experience in the role but you will be asked to deputise for the Records Manager on occasion, so it is essential that you have had some initial post graduate training. Excellent communication skills, a customer focussed attitude and the ability to work accurately will be important for this role. This post would be best suited for someone looking for a first post after completion of an archives/records management qualification.

Benefits include: 25 days holiday plus four College privilege days, contributory defined benefit pension scheme, flexitime, subsidised restaurant, in-house gym and squash court.

We are an employer fully committed to our equality and diversity policies.

Registered charity No. 212808

Jean Lewis
Records Manager, Royal College of Surgeons of England