*CALL FOR PAPERS: DMI 2012 International Research Conference
Leading Innovation Through Design*

August 8-9, 2012, Boston, USA

http://dmi.org/dmi/html/conference/academic12/academic.htm

Organized by DMI -- The Design Management Institute

Hosted by MassArt -- The Massachusetts College of Art & Design

Supported by a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts

The Design Management Institute is pleased to announce that it is
soliciting submissions for an academic conference to be held August 8-9,
2012 in Boston, Massachusetts.

Our goal is to create an inclusive conversation among academics from a
variety of disciplines including business (organizational behavior,
strategy, marketing, and operations) and design management (design
strategy, product design, brand identity, communications, interactive
design, user experience, architecture, and environmental design) to
examine the ways in which design thinking can inform innovation
currently and in the future. We aim to lay the groundwork to build a
scholarly community and advance the state of the art in design
management research, theory, and practice, and produce a significant
contribution to the field through the paper presentations, conference
proceedings and producing a special issue of the /Design Management
Journal/.

Businesses are changing; manufacturers are becoming service providers
and services are focusing increasingly on experiences. Organizations, in
both the profit and the social sector, are seeking competitive advantage
through innovation in their offerings, structure, processes, and
business models. We believe that now is the time to convene a gathering
of academics to take a critical look at how we can bring a scholarly
lens to the ways that design may help to both shape and implement
innovation in these emerging developments.

We invite submissions on the following seven themes:

Design-led innovation in products and services

Design-led innovation in organizations and the workplace

Design-led innovation in business models

Bridging research and practice in the management of design

Innovations in design management education

Developing design thinking skills

Innovations in design research methodologies, management processes, and
outcomes

The academic committee will select the best of these papers for
publication in a special issue of the /Design Management Journal/ to be
published in 2013.

*Submission Guidelines*

All proposals for full papers will be reviewed anonymously by at least
two reviewers. For consideration, please submit your paper using the
online proposal submission form.

The submission should contain a working title and a summary (maximum
1500 words) of the primary topics/themes of your paper, and the track
from the seven listed above for which you wish your paper to be
considered. To preserve anonymity, author names should not be identified
in the body of the paper or extended summary. Authors should be referred
to in the text or notes in the third person only.

Acceptance for presentation in the conference will be confirmed by May
25, 2012.

The final version of the full paper should be emailed to conference
secretary John Tobin by July 13, 2012 for inclusion in the Proceedings.
Papers must not have been previously published.

*Complete Conference Information:*

http://dmi.org/dmi/html/conference/academic12/academic.htm

*Proposal Submission Form:*

http://dmi.org/dmi/html/conference/academic12/2012call.htm