as far as I am aware this is normal practise in particular circumstances eg . If the GP didn't think that a "fitnote" was appropriate but the individual asked for the note he may well have been charged. I don't think its the remit of OH to send him back to the GP with a query about charging, if he has an issue with it that's up to him. Remember that you only know what the employee has told you happened, not what actually happened.  I think challenging GP practises is a bit like chucking a hand grenade, only do it if you really have to............

-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Andy Heslop
Sent: 28 March 2012 08:27
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Fit Note/Private Note

Dear list,

I've just seen an employee who presented a manager with a private note (he was charged £15) requesting that he avoid working in a chilled environment for two weeks whilst he receives treatment for a chest infection.

Neither his manager or I have a problem with this - I'm just a little perplexed as to why he was charged. He was seen by his own GP in a routine clinic and was prescribed treatment. He mentioned what he did for a living and asked for support with a temporary workplace adjustment. Should he not have just been given a Fit Note with the adjustments recorded on that?

Before I send him back to query why he was charged, I would value the opinion of anyone who knows the facts regarding charging.

Andy

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS:

This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) In case of problems, please call your organisation's IT Helpdesk.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: