Good Afternoon

I have been asked about a rather tricky issue and would appreciate some guidance on how to handle this, also is anyone can clarify recommendations etc with regard to this it would be much appreciated.

A gentleman that works in despatch and therefore drives fork trucks regularly is causing his manager a certain amount of concern due to his weight, I have been asked to reassess him re-fitness to drive as his manager states he has got so large he cannot fit completely inside the cab of the fork truck, and he feels this is a safety issue.
I have not actually seen this gentleman yet and intend to initially see him in my office then do a visit to see him on site, any advice would be gratefully recieved. The implications of him not being fit to drive are serious as he would then be unable to carry out his substantive post.

Thanks in advance
Julia

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: